- Spreading verified and factual knowledge about vaccination against COVID-19;
- Educating on the use of innovative technologies in vaccination against COVID-19;
- Providing reliable information to the representatives of the medical community, the media and the general public;
- Supporting all initiatives that promote informed consent of as many members of the society as possible to vaccination.
Our selected activities:
With our efforts we want to change the disturbing social attitudes and aid in reaching the appropriate level of immunisation of the population. Only in this way will we be able to overcome the pandemic together.
The Program Council of the Science Against the Pandemic initiative consists of:
- Leszek Borkowski, Dpharm, Together in Disease Foundation
- Professor Marcin Drąg, Wrocław University of Science and Technology
- Professor Andrzej M. Fal, Polish Society of Public Health
- Professor Robert Flisiak, Polish Society of Epidemiologists and Infectious Diseases Physicians, Medical University of Białystok
- Professor Jacek Jemielity, University of Warsaw
- Jacek Krajewski, MD, Zielona Góra Agreement
- Agnieszka Mastalerz-Migas, MD-PhD, Polish Society of Family Medicine
- Professor Andrzej Matyja, The Supreme Medical Council, Jagiellonian University
- Professor Krzysztof Pyrć, Jagiellonian University
- Piotr Rzymski, MD-PhD, Poznan University of Medical Sciences
- Michał Sutkowski, MD-PhD
- Professor Krzysztof Simon, Polish Society of Epidemiologists and Infectious Diseases Physicians
- Professor Jacek Wysocki, Polish Society of Vaccinology
- Professor Joanna Zajkowska, Polish Society of Epidemiologists and Infectious Diseases Physicians, Medical University of Białystok
Scientists from the Science Against the Pandemic initiative have released the
„Vaccination against COVID-19. Innovative technologies and efficiency”
white paper, which is a compendium of knowledge about vaccinations, technology and their role in the fight against the pandemic.
It serves to support the medical community and medical services, who are in touch with the patients on a daily basis and are usually the primary source of knowledge for them. The document is also a source of knowledge for the media and the general public who are looking for medical facts about COVID-19 vaccination and the types of vaccines that are in use. The publication is the first document which is so comprehensive, whose authors are representatives of the world of science and practical medicine. It has been released to educate and spread reliable information about COVID-19 vaccines.
Science against the Pandemic is an initiative open to all organisations and institutions that want to promote reliable knowledge and education in selected communities, contributing to increasing the coverage of immunisation against SARS-CoV-2 and bringing the end of the pandemic closer. In their activities, the contributing experts and organisations adhere to the objectives and assumptions of the National Immunisation Program. Everyone interested in joining is encouraged to e-mail us at email@example.com.